Exeter Community Initiatives
Statement of Service for ECI’s Community Builder Team
As a service that works with residents of Exeter at a neighbourhood level we recognise our responsibility to keep communicating and connecting at the heart of our response to the current situation. In rapidly changing circumstances we are having to be adaptive, responsive and responsible in how we do this.
Along with others in our profession we are responding by:
- Continuing to build and support networks, alliances, and campaigns that ensure those most at risk are protected, safeguarded and considered (i.e. Eden Project Communities ‘Community Action Response’).
- Listen and share stories from local communities making sure that local Government and others are aware of which groups and communities are most vulnerable. And, how the impacts can be eased through welfare support and funds for community self-help.
- Promote safe-help and keeping others safe to ensure that we can protect the most vulnerable in society.
- Support the creation of online space for members to share good practice, resources and get support around the issues and the action they are taking.
Whilst we move our face-to-face contact to connecting through phone conversations and on-line means we are:
- Helping to identify and map groups, initiatives and activities that are arising at hyper-local levels.
- Contributing to the identification of existing groups that can potentially offer support to individuals or particular groups of people.
- Being more proactive in our support of other initiatives and will be helping to establish support in areas where none exists.
- Working across our areas, to support each other, when the need arises.
- Responsibly sharing information with groups and residents that keeps them up-to-date and involved with the work of ECC and other organisations.
- When we come across them, responding to individual offers of help to ensure they are linked appropriately and likewise responding to individual requests for help to ensure they are also linked.
- Ensuring that support is given where needed to enable groups / associations to use online resources.
ECI as an organisation respects the health and welfare concerns of our staff whilst recognising our role as an organisation in supporting vulnerable people and the contribution we can make to community life at this time.
We are working closely with Exeter City Council and other partners as part of a co-ordinated response to the crisis. Visit: https://exeter.gov.uk/wellbeing/
For more information visit: https://communitybuilders.eci.org.uk/
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01392 205800.